When it comes to snoozing on an iPhone many people wonder why Apple chose a 9-minute snooze interval. Apparently, it was because that’s how the original alarm clocks were made in the 1950s. Although many aspects of an iPhone can be changed, swapped, or edited in some way, the snooze time interval is not one of them. 9 minutes is the only snooze time interval available, but we will give you some tips on how to work around this!
Set Multiple Alarms to Create Your Own Snooze
To not have the set 9-minute snooze interval, simply set multiple alarms with the desired interval time between the two alarms. In addition to that, disable the snooze setting on your current alarm.
- Open the Clock app, tap Alarm at the bottom, and then tap the + in the top right to create a new alarm.
- Set your preferred wake-up time, ex: 8 am
- Disable the Snooze setting, then tap Save
- Tap the + again and create a new alarm for 8:05 a.m. Disable the Snooze setting and tap Save
- Add any additional alarms at whatever intervals you prefer
Third-Party Alarm Clocks
Third-party iPhone alarm clock apps allow you to create custom snooze alarms, bypassing the Apple alarm clock entirely. Let’s take a look at a popular third-party alarm clock app called: Progressive Alarm- This app uses Tibetan singing bowl sounds that gradually increase in volume to gently wake you up. To change the snooze settings in this app follow these steps:
- Open Progressive Alarm, and tap Options.
- Tap Snooze Time
- Choose your preferred Snooze Time, this can be up to 30 minutes.
Changing Snooze Time on an iPhone
Although Apple does not let you edit the snooze interval time on their alarm clocks, it does not mean you cannot work around it. As stated above there are third-party apps that allow you to make the snooze time interval whatever you would like up to 30 minutes. We only went over one third-party app, but there are plenty of others, Alarmy, is just one to throw out there. So if you’re like many people who do not like the 9-minute snooze interval, you now know how to get around it and make the most of your snooze time!