Are Airpod pros waterproof? Quick sweat and water use guide
First things first: I if you sweat a lot and your work requires you to wear headphones while exercising, you might want to hold off till the article end. Airpods are a hot topic rated in waterproof headphones discussions. Often, they are in high waters with the question are Airpod pros waterproof :D With this quick sweat and water guide, let's find more about them!
Airpods are one of the most recent technologies to hit the market, and they have become trendy. They are wireless, noise-canceling headphones that provide an excellent listening experience while on the go. An IPX7 rating means they can be used in water up to a meter deep for 30 minutes before requiring a dry-out period.
Are Airpod pros genuinely waterproof?
The answer is yes, but you need to care when using them in wet conditions. The IPX7 rating, however, isn't all sunshine. This only means the Airpod can survive being submerged in water. Apple makes no official claim to resist sweat and moisture or heat.
That said, the Airpods are "fine" at resisting sweat. They don't suffer from intense sweating or other problems if you wear them for long periods. If you're concerned about water, I recommend using a hard case to protect against moisture.
Users should ensure that the earpieces and case are not submerged or actively splashed with liquid or water. The report claims that if these safety precautions aren't ignored, everyone can use these headphones without worry.
What to do if my Airpods get wet?
If you have noticed that your Airpods Pro are wet, right before you wash them or let them air dry, there's no need to stress out. Here are the steps to follow if they're drenched in water!
- Unplug the device
- Do not use a blow dryer. You'll want to make sure that the water inside wholly dries out before powering on again.
- Do not turn it back on until it is scorched.
- If you don't want to wait for it to dry, you can wipe them down with a clean and dry cloth.
Optional: If you want to be extra careful and keep your Airpods Pro in good condition, shop for a case that will protect your Airpods Pro against rain or other water damage.
Which Airpod areas are most prone to water damage?
The inner earpiece and the case of the Airpods are among the highest-priority parts. The silicon is susceptible to water damage that could result in a device that won't turn on or has a permanently wet sound experience.
The earpiece and the case are sold separately. If you want to ensure that the 6P or 8P Airpods Pro doesn't get wet, you should buy a hard case. The microphone is another area that could be vulnerable to water damage. Apple sells a lightning-to-USB adapter that will protect the microphone from corrosion if your Airpods Pro is accidentally immersed.
The best way to avoid water damage is to ensure that your Airpods Pro is in a protective case during a sweat or water use workout. It's also a good idea to take out your Airpods Pro immediately after working out and wipe them with a dry cloth.
How to clean Airpods pros?
The infrared sensors are in both earpieces. They're the tiny dots that don't let the Airpods automatically connect with the iPhone or iPad if they're not securely seated in your ear. You can use a toothbrush to remove dust, dirt, and debris that may collect around these parts.
Be careful not to pull on them as they could cause damage to the Airpods Pro's inner coating. However, you know that these parts are most vulnerable to water damage. Airpods are made of plastic, and it is easy to get bacteria and debris on the surfaces of your Airpods. Follow these steps to make a clean one.
- Put a damp cloth on the sink and turn on the faucet.
- Put a towel or a small dish towel under the Airpods.
- Activate a sink. Pour soapy water on a cloth and wring it out, or use soap from a bar to wash the Airpod's surface. Do not rub too hard, as this can scratch up your phone's delicate screen! Rinse with fresh water to remove all traces of soap.
- Fill the bowl with warm water, add a little bit of vinegar, mix well, and put the Airpods in it. Let them soak in the solution for 15 minutes.
- Remove the Airpods from the bowl and put them in your ears on clean ears. The foam covers can be cleaned while wet by rubbing with a toothbrush quickly and lightly.
Let them dry before you use them again.
How to reset Airpods pro?
If you've ever had your Airpods go missing, showing Offline on the Find My iPhone app, or find that one or both of your Airpods are not working correctly, follow these steps to reset them.
- Step 1: Put your Airpods in the Charging Case and close it.
- Step 2: Open the case enough to touch the inside of it with both hands, then firmly press and release until you hear one beep. Close the topic again.
- Step 3: Repeat Step 2 two more times.
How long does Airpods pro take to charge?
The charging case for Airpods Pro will charge the Airpods Pro fully in 2.5 hours. The case itself can provide 15 hours of listening time. On its own, each Airpods Pro can get up to 6 hours of listening time. The new wireless charging case can even let you leave a charging Airpods Pro near a wall outlet to power them up faster.
Now you know all about Are Airpod pros waterproof? So, do you feel like switching to Airpod Pro in 2022? A smart way out is to grab the best deals on Airpods from Plug Tech. The tech quality there is awesome and worth your visit :D