How To Pair Echo Dot with iPhone in 2022?
The Echo Dot is a small, affordable speaker that can plug into your home's existing audio system. You can ask Alexa to play music, read the news, get sports scores, set timers and alarms, control smart home devices, etc. Here you will learn how to pair your Echo Dot with your iPhone using a simple app in this post.
How can I connect iPhone to Echo Dot?
Echo Dot connects to your iPhone or iPad through the Alexa app or a Bluetooth connection. With Echo Dot, you can control a Bluetooth device using your voice.
Connecting with Alexa App
Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can connect your iPhone to Echo dot with Alexa.
- The first step is to launch the Alexa app.
- Now look for the "Devices" icon in the lower right corner. Tap on it.
- There is a "Plus" icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Now Tap on "Add Device".
- Here you will find your device name "Amazon Echo" icon.
- Tap "Echo Dot".
- Select the proper generation of your Echo Dot.
- Now it's time to turn Echo Dot on.
- Connect the Echo Dot to the power outlet.
Once the device powers up, wait for a minute until the blue light turns orange. It indicates that Echo Dot is in setup mode.
Now check your iPhone; Echo Dot will pop up there. Tap it.
- Now, you need to set the Wi-Fi connection.
- Tap on the 'Wi-Fi' to go to Wi-Fi settings.
- Here is a list of internet connections available. Look for Echo Dot. Note that its name will start from 'Amazon'.
- Once done with this, go to the Alexa, and there will be a message 'Continue Echo Dot Setup'. Tap on Continue
- By default, the app will enter Wi-Fi settings, and you have to provide a network you want Echo Dot to connect with.
- If it asks for a Wi-Fi password, then enter to proceed.
Last But Not Least, the final steps:
- If you want to use the Echo Dot's speaker, tap "Skip" when prompted if you want to use an external speaker. Of course, the external speaker can be added afterwards.
- Select one of the rooms in your home where you'll keep your Echo Dot as the final step. You can construct a new room using this option if necessary.
Connecting via Bluetooth
If you don't want to communicate via a Wi-Fi connection, you can use Bluetooth to connect to Echo Dot. As we know, Bluetooth actions are not so robust, so re connecting it via Bluetooth. First, you have to disconnect it from other devices.
Follow these steps to connect the two devices:
- First, you need to open the Alexa app.
- Once you have opened Alexa app on your iPhone, then tap on the menu icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on "Settings".
- Select your Echo Dot from the menu as it appears there.
- Now Tap on "Bluetooth".
- There is an option "Pair a New Device". Tap on this to put your Echo Dot in the pairing mode.
You have connected Echo Dot with Bluetooth yet. now you have to activate Bluetooth pairing on your iPhone as well:
- open iPhone and go to the settings.
- Turn the Bluetooth on, and it will automatically turn into pairing mode.
- A list of devices will be shown in the list below. You will find Echo Dot there as well.
if you can't find the Echo Dot in the devices list, place the Echo Dot close to the device and wait for a few seconds. Once Echo Dot appears. Tap on it to connect.
What Else Can an Echo Dot Do With an iPhone?
Connecting an Echo Dot to an iPhone is a good idea for many reasons, but the main reason is to use the Dot or its connected speaker. You can also perform a couple of things with an Echo Dot and an iPhone. There are other ways to connect them, too, and not all of them involve Bluetooth.
Other things you can accomplish with an Echo Dot and an iPhone are as follows:
You can Control audio playback:
When you listen to music on your iPhone via your Echo Dot, say, "Alexa, Pause" to stop. You can skip forward or backwards through the audio and change the volume and playback speed with the audio controls.
Send and receive calls and messages:
You can also tell Alexa to call your friends or family using your Dot.
You can Manage your appointments:
You can easily connect your iCloud calendar to Alexa to access them from your Dot, iPhone, or iPad.
Find your phone:
If you lose your phone, you can ask your Echo Dot to find it by asking your Echo to "find my phone."
In conclusion, The Echo Dot is a smart speaker that connects to your home Wi-Fi network and lets you use your voice to control compatible smart home devices.